Welcome to the CERN Bujutsu Club
The CERN Bujutsu Club welcomes you on Tuesday 12th September 2017 for a new season.
NEWS : The CERN Bujutsu club will restart its activities on Tuesday 12th September 2017.
We are always welcoming new members to the club. Come and train with us at anytime, no matter your level of expertise. Simply bring comfortable clothing.
Established in June 2005, the CERN Bujutsu club teaches a Japanese martial art known as Yagyu Shingan-ryu (YSR) Heiho Jutsu following the principles transmitted to our instructors by Shimazu Kenji Sensei, the 19th and current Headmaster of the style in Japan.
Classes are conducted in both French and English.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com before you attend. You can consult the calendar of upcoming training sessions to know when the next training session is due to take place.
- Stretching (Doin-jutsu) Soft stretching that extends and relaxes muscles and tendons.
- Strengthening (Kufuden / Tanren-jutsu) Improve your posture and reinforce your body structure.
- Coordination (Suburi) Foundation forms of the style that intensify coordination capabilities and unifies the movement of the body.
- Self Defense (Jujutsu) Techniques still practiced to this day by Japanese police, effective in numerous situations.
- Traditional Swordsmanship (Kenjutsu) A swordfighting discipline specific to Yagyu Shingan Ryu.
- Weapons & Striking Techniques (Bukijutsu / Atemi-jutsu) A variety of other weapons including long staff, short sword, dagger and striking of pressure points.
- Healing Techniques (Kappo-jutsu) Ancient techniques for twists, sprains, bruising, bleeding and many other ailments.
- Cultural Etiquette (Reiho) Japanese traditions of respect within a training hall.
- Japanese Language (Nihongo) Terminology relating to techniques to deepen the understanding of their meaning and origin.